Rapidgrid have an exciting job opportunity open. We are currently recruiting a vehicle/HGV fitter.
Details of role
- Maintaining equipment in order to carry out the role of inspecting and testing vehicles.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance on all vehicles including HGVs. Such measures include oil changes; tyre rotation and changes; wheel balancing and replacing filters.
- Ensuring vehicle defects are kept to a minimum by attending to vehicle defects efficiently.
- Conducting engine inspections and repairing any failures.
- Carrying out necessary repairs of mechanical and electrical malfunctions and replacing parts and components.
- Repairing any vehicle body damage and maintaining vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting the fleet.
- Conducting vehicle services and repairs whilst keeping a log of vehicle records of completed services and repairs.
- Keeping an up to date inventorying of stock and placing any orders to ensure stock is kept up to date.
- Must be physically fit due to the manual nature of the work
- 3-5 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Must be HGV trained
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full driving license
Desirable requirements (not essential)
- HGV License